Wednesday, August 01, 2007

6th Annual UKCPS Open International Exhibition - work accepted

Livio de Marchi Pears #1
297mm x 210mm, coloured pencil on Arches Hot Press
copyright Katherine Tyrrell

Yesterday the United Kingdom Coloured Pencil Society started to notify artists who have had work accepted for their 6th Annual International Open Exhibition (2007). There's nothing on the website as yet but I've been informed in writing that my work "Livio de Marchi Pears #1" has been accepted. It will now be hung in the exhibition which runs from Sunday 16th September to Sunday 14th October at Patchings Art Centre in Nottingham. Naturally I'm very pleased.

I'm also very pleased to hear that Leslie Evans, whose work was featured in this post re work accepted to the 15th Annual International Exhibition of the Colored Pencils Society of America, has also had her work accepted for the UKCPS exhibition too. Last year I had the good fortune to meet her in Albuquerque and this year I get to see her work in person!

The jurors are asked to select paintings to produce a varied exhibition showing the full range of capabilities of the coloured pencil medium. The rules of entry for this exhibition are that works should be completed in "pure" coloured pencil only. You can see works in previous exhibitions on this link. As you will see, it has tended to focus on highly realistic work to date - and it will be interesting to see whether this has changed this year.

Links:

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Katherine, I'm thrilled for you that your entry was accepted. This has always been one of my favourite pieces of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! This is awesome news. Your drawing is beautiful and I am so thrilled for you. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done!!!! it's a really well patronised place so your work will be seen by 1,000's :D

    I don't think you'll be getting it back :) it's bound to sell. It's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely getting it back as this is one I can't part with. I'm going to be arranging for prints to be available.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Katherine its always great to get some recognition like this. Well Done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations! a terrific grouping, they have such personality!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.