Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Introducing 'A Postcard from my Walk'

I'm happy to announce that I'm participating in a new sketching project - which involves mailing sketches around the world - called A Postcard from my Walk.

Postcard from my Walk Logo by Cathy Gatland
You can read all about it on the new blog - which was published today - and which you can find at http://walk-postcard.blogspot.com/.

The project has grown out of the Sketchercise group which I founded.
Sketchercise is a group of people who enjoy sketching from life (no photos!), have already developed the sketching habit AND have found ways of getting out and about and exercising with a sketchbook.
The idea of this new project is that once a month we will mail a sketch done on one of our walks to one of the group of Sketchercise members who are participating in the project.  That way we get to see the real sketch rather than just the image on the Internet!

Fellow participants are:

The first postcards get mailed out next week and should start appearing on the blog in February when they arrive at their destination.

I hope you enjoy following along - links to how to subscribe to this new blog can be found in the side column.

I'd personally like to thank
  • Ronell van Wyk who has been the guiding light and driving force around this new project - she's very organised! ;) - and 
  • Cathy Gatland who contributed our new logo which you can see above
____________________

PS  Re Out to Lunch,  I got a new microwave on Monday, ordered a new cooker this morning and it's arriving on Friday.  Just got to go and turn the kitchen upside down now to work out where all the bits which I used to keep in or on the cooker are now going to go!  Plus lots more stuff to do around the home so I'll be back next week.

6 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, and reminds me of the 'Story of the Travlling Pages' project - which is a textile version. I will be watching this new project closely:) It is always so inspiring to see works made by so many different people who stick so a similar format. The 'Story of the Travelling Pages' can be seen here: http://thestoryofthetravelingpages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy walking, it is a great plan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such an awesome idea. How fun to see what others see and to get it in the snail mail way. Have fun
    peace n abundance,
    CheyAnne
    http://cheyannesexton.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab idea. I look forward to seeing the results.

    Good news about the kitchen things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems wonderful project and must be a lot of fun to receive postcards every month from other artists! Maybe I want to join it.
    As for kitchen accident yesterday, you will be very happy with new microwave and cooker. But haven't you ever thought that we will be the happiest if we could get rid of all kitchen appliance which always break down on their own and go back to the outdoor cooking of primeval age just with fire and wood sticks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's not a lot of forests to cut wood from in central Lodnon! :)

    I'm afraid this project isn't open to other artists joining it - although there's nothing to stop other groups setting up one that is similar.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.