Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The Do's and Don'ts of writing an Artist Statement and CV

I'm a Visiting Lecturer at The Heatherley School of Art and in two weeks time I'm going to be giving a talk there about the Do's and Don'ts When Writing an Artists Statement and C.V.

Heatherley School of Art, 75 Lots Road, London SW10 0RN(almost opposite Burnaby Street)

How to Market Your Art #2:
Do's and Don'ts when writing an Artist’s Statement and CV


This is what I'll be covering
  • Why people are afraid of the “artist statement”
  • Why you need an artist statement
  • Avoid confusion - the difference between an artist statement, bio and CV
  • What to include – and what to leave out
  • How to communicate with your target audience
  • How to interest people in what you do – and why people stop reading!
Here are the details of where the talk is.
  • Venue: The Heatherley School of Art. Consult this page to see where they are on a map and how to get there via public transport. 
  • Date: Monday 13th November 2017
  • Time: 4.30pm
  • Admission: FREE 

You don't have to be a student at Heatherley's to attend the talk but you can't book a seat.
This event is free and open to the public but seating is limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
My first talk How to get on - online was very popular, so I'd recommend getting there in good time as this talk is a "by request from the students" topic and is also the topic which gets the most traffic on my website!

I'll be providing a synopsis of key points as a handout at the talk

For those who can't get there, I'll also upload the synopsis to my Art Business Info. for Artists website after the talk - and will let you know when I've done this.

Heatherley School of Art: Talks and Courses


Do also keep an eye on the events page at Heatherley School of Art - as they have a number of interesting speakers during the course of the academic year.

You can also find details of the various full-time and part-time (day and/or evening) courses on offer at the School on its website.

4 comments:

  1. Is it possible to see a copy of your talk 'How to get on - online'?
    Cally Lotz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid not - it's too big to publish online as it is and was only supplied to those who attended my talk

    However I am thinking of making it available as an e-publication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An e-publication is a great solution. Wish I could be there to hear your lecture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have a think. It would take a bit of work to get it into e-publication standard but definitely worth thinking about.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.